Home / Exercise & fitness / Exercise benefits / Healthy lifestyle / Wellbeing
exercise and fitness
It is well documented and proven that even usually inactive people can improve their health and well-being by becoming moderately active on a regular basis. In the grand scheme of things exercise can be differentiated from fitness in that exercise is the action of gaining, maintaining and developing a desired level of fitness. But what does exercise entail and how do you go about ensuring that the physical activity is right for you and for your goals.
In this channel we will go about bringing you the benefits and means of exercising regularly to develop your fitness levels. Regular physical activity reduces the risk of illness and death and can dramatically improve health in the following ways:
- Reduces the risk of dying prematurely
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints
- Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure
- Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety
- Helps control your weight
- Promotes psychological well-being
Exercise will help you to improve oxygen delivery, build strength and endurance, decrease body fat and improve movement in joints and muscles. All of these benefits are essential to good health and everyone should try to incorporate an exercise routine into their daily lives. General advice is that individuals should undertake a minimum of 30 minute (or longer if possible) workouts three times a week. No one is too young or too old to exercise however there are risks if you have not exercised for a while.